There is no doubt that Vitamin C is the best vitamin when it comes to supplementing our system for overall well-being. No one can deny the effectiveness of Vitamin C in the very commonly encountered flu-like illnesses.
Talking about the beneficial effects of Vitamin C on the body, it is
- A Great Natural Immune System booster- stimulates production, proliferation and differentiation of White blood cells and even B-cells; thus, potentiating the entire immune system. Has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory actions too.
- Best natural antioxidant- relieves oxidative stress and delays onset of chronic diseases.
- Beauty and youth- cherishes the dream of youthfulness by virtue of synthesizing collagen, an essential for the firm, elastic, radiant younger looking skin and healthier hair. Collagen also adds to the strength, maintenance and recovery of gums, joints, bones, ligaments and tendons.
- Imparts cheerfulness by stimulating mood elevating neurotransmitters; Epinephrine, Nor-epinephrine and Dopamine.
- Delays mental aging (thinking and memory) by mitigating oxidative stress around the nervous system.
and the list still goes on
- Improves wound healing
- Iron absorption
- Improves vision
- Enhances energy levels
- Supports foetal and infant brain development
- Prevents Gout attacks by reducing uric acid levels
the list is never-ending……
The UNLUCKY part,
Of all mammals, only Guinea pigs and we humans lack the ability to synthesize this much-needed vitamin. Above it, even if we take it externally, we cannot absorb it efficiently, wasting around 50-70% of ingested vitamin.
- the harsh degradation of this fragile vitamin by our gastric juices and different enzymatic attacks.
- being water soluble, vitamin molecules cannot cross the lipophilic intestinal mucosal lining easily, to get absorbed into the bloodstream. They require a more specific transporter for absorption, which further limits the bioavailability.
But we humans have BRAIN – Scientists successfully solved this by a path-breaking discovery of LIPOSOMAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM.
Here Vitamin C is successfully encapsulated in a lipid carrier-liposome before ingestion. This lipid capsule insulates our fragile vitamin from the ruthless gastric acidity and enzyme attacks. By acquiring a smaller size and lipid soluble nature, this liposomal vitamin complex can then easily diffuse through intestinal mucosal lining bypassing the need of transporters. This facilitates a miraculous increase in absorption and intensifies bioavailability.
Along with the positive effect on bioavailability, liposomal complex also reduces the gastric discomfort caused by the acidic nature of vitamin C.
Of the several brands for liposomal vitamin C supplements available in the market,
How do I select the right one for me?
To answer this question, we have come up with a detailed shopping guide which will help you in choosing the best vitamin C supplement.
We provide here certain deciding features of Liposomal Vitamin C formulations to point out the best available combination.
- Vitamin C content – Type and quantity: L-ascorbic acid is the purest and readily absorbed form.
- Phosphatidylcholine/ Lecithin of non-soy origin should be preferred. Sunflower based lecithin is a superior alternative. Reasons being:
- It provides a higher amount of physiologically important choline than soy lecithin.
- Soy lecithin is extracted chemically from raw soya and is therefore contaminated and diluted with chemicals like hexane, degummers, hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Sunflower lecithin is comparatively safer, healthier and purer as it is extracted using a natural process.
- Soy lecithin puts you at a higher risk of hormonal and allergic disorders.
- small liposomal size (100-400nm)-facilitates diffusion.
- non-GMO contents should be preferred
- Look for- safer and pure products possibly with natural ingredients free from chemicals, toxins, antibiotics or artificial agents.
- GMP certification-. Assures safety and quality of food.
- Vegan formulations are better as they minimize allergens: gluten-, and dairy-free.
- Tested and approved by FDA regulated facility to ensure safety and quality.
- Suitable to all ages and gender.
In order to help you out, we tried to accommodate details along with all pros and cons of a few distinguished liposomal Vitamin C preparations on one platform, so as to enable our readers to figure out their best supplement in an easier way.
Best 5 Suppelments
Lets’ begin with our top-rated supplement
#1. OPTIMUNITY Liposomal Vitamin C 1500MG
We chose Optimiunty as #1 for the following reasons.
- Potent Antioxidant.
- Supercharger for our defense system.
- Up lifter of our face and skin.
- The key to youthfulness
- Enhancer of mental health.
- Protect against chronic illnesses
- Pack size- 120 Capsules
- Serving size- 2 capsules daily
- Serves- 1500 mg Vitamin C per serving
The power-packed complex of Optimunity includes-
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Ascorbyl Oleate
- Cetyl Ascorbate
- Sunflower Lecithin (Being NON-GMO, sunflower lecithin is always a welcome. )
- Vegetable Cellulose
- Rice flour
- Magnesium Stearate
Each of these ingredients is tested for their efficacy.
- Easy to consume.
- Higher bioavailability.
- No gastric side-effects.
- Contains sunflower lecithin and not soy.
- 100% safe with all-natural ingredients.
- Pure- no additives or chemicals like coloring, sweetening or flavoring agents.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate-highly bioavailable, more stable, non-acidic,possess all chemical properties of ascorbic acid.
- Vegan; soy-, gluten-, and dairy free.
- GMP certified
- Perfect for all ages
- Made in USA
- Can be bought at its official website only. No botheration of fake duplicates.
- 100-day Money Back Guarantee, no questions asked, no hassle, no hard feelings
- Cost is on the higher side but then we are getting a quality product to nurture our health.
- 2 servings of 1 capsule each, empty stomach, 8-10 hours apart.
- Empty stomach facilitates better absorption.
- Keeping a valid gap between 2 doses ensures maximum uptake and reduces surplus over-flow.
Looking at the power-packed ingredients, health benefits, PROS,
minimal CONS and distantly spaced dosing schedule, OPTIMUNITY shows a promising future for Optimum Health.
Note: Extra $10 OFF For esupplementreviews.com readers. Please claim the discount code by clicking the link below.
#2. Dr. Mercola Liposomal Vitamin C Dietary Supplements
Mercola is a well-known and established brand hosting a large number of quality drugs. It’s liposomal vitamin C too has attracted a lot of consumer attention.
- Pack size-180 capsules / 60 capsules
- Serving size- 2 capsules daily
- Serves- 1000 mg Vitamin C per servings
- Vitamin C- 1,000 mg (as Ascorbic Acid) –provides the health benefits of Vitamin C
- Sunflower Lecithin- forms better liposomal complex for efficient delivery
- Medium Chain Triglycerides,
- Capsule (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose),
- Beeswax, Paprika Extract.
- Contains pure ascorbic acid for higher bioavailability
- Non-GMO sunflower lecithin
- Capsules-easy to take and swallow
- No gastric discomfort.
- GMP certified
- FDA Approved
- 100% vegan
- Manufactured in the USA
- Liquid capsules are made of hard capsule shells and not soft gel. Soft gels are usually full of plasticizers and are semi-permeable which allow the oils inside to oxidize
- Backed by a full 90-day money-back guarantee – no questions asked.
- Multiple similar fake products in the market create confusion.
- World’s best known LivOn laboratory along with others, has raised questions over the liposomal nature of this drug and thus its potency.
- Chinese origin of Ascorbic Acid that to from non-GMO sources (corn) is also a point of consideration for some individuals.
- Not perfect for pregnant or nursing women.
- No supporting complex like citrus bioflavonoids is present.
#3. Lypo-Spheric- Vitamin C supplements
This is one of the most bio-available, anti-aging, health-promoting, easy-to-swallow vitamin supplement around, also called as the BMW of Vitamin C delivery by its manufacturers. It provides all the health advantages of Vitamin C when taken in an appropriate dosage.
About the drug:
- Brand – LivOn
- Pack size-30 packets
- Serving size- 1 packet daily
- Serves-1000mg Vitamin C
- Vitamin C as sodium acetate -1000mg
- Essential Phospholipids from soy lecithin, Phosphatidylcholine-1000mg
- Deionized Water,
- Alcohol 12% v/v (as a natural preservative),
- Xanthan Gum,
- Citric Acid (for pH adjustment)
- Sodium ascorbate ameliorates the acidic effects of pure ascorbic acid
- Easier to swallow
- No gastric discomfort.
- Smaller “Smarter” Liposomal Nano-Spheres loaded with liquid Vitamin C
- Non- GMO product
- 100 % Vegan
- NO: Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, or Hexane. Zone/Paleo Diet
- Single-dose packages – protects rest doses from rapid degradation due to air exposure.
- GMP certified?
- Manufactured in USA.
- Though absorption of sodium ascorbate is good enough, it is still not absorbed as much as pure ascorbic acid.
- Do not taste great.
- Contains Non-GMO soy lecithin which is a chemically treated, less healthy form of phospholipid delivering a lesser amount of choline and accompanied with a higher risk of allergies and hormonal disturbances.
#4.Aurora Nutrascience Mega-Liposomal Vitamin C - 16 oz. (480 mL)
This liposomal vitamin C supplement is famous for mega doses in a single shot.
- Brand: Aurora NutraScience/ Vida -Lifescience
- Pack size-32 X 15ml = 480ml
- Serving size- 1tablespoon-15 ml
- Serves- 3000 mg per serving
- Formulation: Liquid
- Flavor: Fruit
- Vitamin C (as sodium ascorbate, ascorbic acid)-3000mg
- Sodium (as sodium ascorbate)-166 mg
- Phosphatidylcholine-1.2 g
- Purified water
- Non-GMO soy lecithin,
- stevia leaf extract, organic natural flavors,
- organic maltodextrin, / organic cultured dextrose (as a natural preservative),
- sodium citrate
- allows for Mega Dosing without gastric discomfort – 3000 mg – useful in increased demand situations like stress, pregnancy, breastfeeding, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, weaker immune system and many more.
- Easy to swallow
- No gastric discomfort.
- great taste -100% Certified organic fruit flavoring and 100% ‘Certified Gluten Free’ stevia sweetener stevia
- Gluten Free
- 100% organic ingredients
- Non-GMO Ingredients
- Manufactured in GMP Facility
- Watery & Artificial taste as per consumer reviews.
- Though it provides a higher quantity, continuous long-term daily intake of such high doses may lead to toxicity. It is advised that maximum daily intake should not exceed 2000mg.
- Soy lecithin once again reduces the availability of choline, adds impurities and can evoke allergic and hormonal reactions.
- Not suitable for kids.
- Maltodextrin and Dextrose present.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) daily as a dietary supplement or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Shake gently before each use.
- Take on an empty stomach.
- Drink straight or mix with cold water, juice or yogurt.
- Do not machine blend.
#5. Nutrivein Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements 1600mg
Another popular source of liposomal Vitamin C as a daily supplement is Nutrivein Liposomal Vitamin C 1600mg
- Brand: Nutrivein
- Pack size- 180 Count
- Serving size- 2 tablets daily
- Serves- 1600 mg per serving
- Formulation: Capsules
- Vitamin C (FatSoluble-1600mg)Liposomal Vitamin C Complex:
- Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Oleate, Cetyl Ascorbate,
- Sunflower Lecithin,
- Vegetarian Capsule (Non-GMO Plant Cellulose)
How to consume?
Two capsules once daily, preferably with a meal and water, or as directed by a Healthcare Professional.
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
- Free of artificial ingredients, Gluten, Preservatives
- Third Party Tested
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Compliant
- FDA approved
- Manufacturing Facilities are located in the United States
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE with no hassles.
- Associated with gastric discomfort as per consumer reviews.
- Ascorbic acid is made from GMO CORN.
- Not for kids <18 years
- Soaring prices with the emergence of Pandemic
- Often confused with NutriFair – similar packaging and contents
Comparison of Formulations
So, here we are,
All put in one basket: TAKE A GLANCE, COMPARE and GRAB YOURS’
Gel like Liquid
Vitamin C + esterified complexes
Ascorbic acid +
Vitamin C +
No ? Ascorbic acid from GMO- Corn?
We’ve researched everything you could possibly want to know before buying. You are one step closer to get the best product.